What is allowed:
- Creating fanfiction for personal use, sharing it on squidge.org or an affiliate site
- Creating fanart for personal use, sharing it on squidge.org or an affiliate site
- In either your profile on a shared site, or on your personal page/space, offering fanart for sale, as long as the sale covers the cost you incurred. You cannot profit off of it, within reason. If a print costs you $5.75 and mailing costs $2.00, then charging $8 is appropriate. But charging $20 or more is not.
- In either your profile on a shared site, or on your personal page/space, calling for submissions and offering for sale Fanzines. Fanzines are designed to share stories, not for profit.
- Hosting a non-profit fundraising event for the sole purpose of raising money for a specific function like our Help Japan auction a few years ago, or as a surprise to help fun raise events for people in extenuating circumstances.
- Putting a statement in your personal profile on a shared site, or on your personal page/space, that you are taking money for the creation of fanworks.
- Having a link to Patreon, Gofundme, etc for the express use of raising money for the act of creating fanworks.
- Anything else not covered that would allow a person to use Squidge.org or its resources for the act of raising money solely for their own benefit.
Originally posted at http://squidgestatus.dreamwidth.org/72830.html - Please comment on whichever system you prefer.